Saturday, September 19, 2009

I have the titles

Just about everyone I know in Ubud has written, wants to write or is writing a book. What's going on? Is it the same where you are?
I'm not immune to this desire. especially since living here.The problem is I can't get past the titles. I think I have some good ones but I've had them for years and never got any further.

We have, so far...

The Slow Awakening of the Inner Thigh.
I like the idea of this for a book title.
I attended a Silat class with Marylee in Ubud and we were sitting on the floor cross legged trying to bring our knees to the floor, not an easy task for unconditioned thigh muscles.


Underpants on the Altar
.
Why? Good question. I cant remember why…I know my marriage had fallen apart and I was struggling with that knowledge and with the loss. I remember now..I had thrown all of my husbands belongings away and then found a pair of his underpants in my chest of drawers..on the top of the drawers I had an altar. I put the pants there, wrapped in a scarf blessed by the Dalai Lama..I don’t know what I was thinking exactly when I did that…

The Tarot Café

I used to run a Tarot Café in Ubud. I imagined writing a book of short stories…each short story title being a tarot card. Hasn’t emerged yet..the book..the stories!!!
If you feel you want to run with these, please, feel free.

1 comment:

  1. oh yes...we have this in the forest too...but some like Fi get on and get them published:)

    anyway the childrens book isnt on this list....can't remember what the creatures were called but i did love them

    sally x

    ReplyDelete